Monday, June 21, 2010

Between jobs...

I have a month now until I start at a new job.  Lets hope that the SW winds come back and that I can get some sailing in.  In the meantime I think that I will spend some time checking over my kit to make sure everything is as I want it to be.  

I did get out the other night at the local lake for a bit of light wind slalom.  The wind was NW 8 to 14 knots, not the best direction as its rather gusty.  I did get a top speed of just over 25 knots, though I think that I am a bit disappointed with that showing.  However, I am not sure what I should be aiming for in that sort of wind.  I think that with a bit more power I can get close to 30 knots, but not with a 8.0m.  That size just does not feel like it is even being tested in such low wind.  Perhaps I should sort out a bigger sail for those sorts of days.  At least that way I know that the wind will come back!

1 comment:

  1. 30 sounds like a stetch with a big sail bit do think you mught need a big one for the pond. Hope you get some wind!

    ReplyDelete